Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Settling In, Making It My Own Again

I was going to take photos of the TX Quilt Studio before I packed it up but my digital camera died and I totally spaced about using the camera on my phone, so there is no photos of it. Fine by me since I never felt comfortable in that space. However I always did feel comfortable in my AZ Quilt Studio and even more so since I moved things around a bit to make it more user friendly for my needs since I am not doing longarming for the public anymore. I flipped my Scrap User System and my longarm machine.

It gives me more room for my scrap user system the way I originally envisioned it. All strings and strips on one side... 

with a new cutting table from IKEA (it's actually an adjustable drafting table) along with my rulers in the middle...

and my larger scraps on the other side.

My 2 white dressers got damaged in the move back to AZ so I down sized to 1 solid wood dresser for my longarm threads.

My yardage is still located under my longarm as it was before.

Added another wire shelf for my accuquilt dies and brought back 2 bookcases that were left by the previous owners of the TX house (stores all of my quilt books, patterns, and magazines).

In the office part of my studio, where I use to meet with customers, I also changed things up a bit. First the old heavy dark desks are now my DH's office furniture, and I took over the IKEA desks (which I like a lot better). I extended my design wall...because lets face it you never have enough space for larger quilts. This is my main sewing area.  

and  my embroidery machine is set up under the window. I moved my shelving to a new wall to frame my computer desk and TV. Yes I decided to add a TV in my my sewing space so I can watch movies, and Netflix while sewing.

More shelving to display my threads and nick knacks.

I also raised my curtain rod higher so when I take quilt pics the quilts are more visible. Oh and the rug was bought in TX at Target...loved it because it look like it has buttons in the designs. So this is where I will be spending most of my time...boy it's so good to be back home in AZ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment