Thursday, August 17, 2017

Recent Finishes

When we moved to TX last year I promised my Twins that I would make them each a new full sized quilt to go with their new rooms. Sara picked Orca Bay and Olivia picked Easy Street. Both just happened to be Bonnie Hunter Quilt Patterns (which I LOVE) and I have been wanting to do them so it was perfect! I had all the fabrics needed to do the quilts in their colorways they wanted. However as I mentioned in previous posts I never really liked my quilt studio in TX, I mean don't get me wrong the space was adequate and I did get most of them done while there just never finished them. So when it was decided that we were moving back to AZ the twins as well as my DH were teasing me about whether the twins were ever going to get their quilts finished. Well they have been finished, Easy Street was quilted before I packed up the Studio in TX and Orca Bay was quilted once we were moved back into the AZ house.

Here is "Easy Street" it was a previous Quiltville mystery and the pattern can now be found in Bonnie Hunter's book "More Adventures With Leaders and Enders"
 
Here's a close up of the quilting. The panto I used is called "Popcorn"

This one is "Orca Bay" which was also a Quiltville mystery and now the pattern can be found in Bonnie Hunter's book "String Fling" 

Here's a close up of this one. The panto I used on this one is called "Surf's Up"

The bad thing about making Bonnie Hunter Quilts that you gift away is that you always hate parting with them. So this is why I will be making my own to keep of these beauties as well. In fact I already had an Orca Bay in orange and purples started when Sara picked out this quilt as the one she wanted in the above colors. Most of the units are already completed for mine but will be a while before I want to work on it since I just did Sara's. As for Easy Street when I make that one again I will probably do a different colorway, there are so many pretty ones on pinterest!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment