Sunday, February 1, 2015

Meet Ares, and UFO Update

Ares is the new Grand-puppy :) he is a red husky puppy with one green eye and one blue eye.

He belongs to my daughter Rachel and her boyfriend Zach.

Until he is a little older we need to keep Hosa (our other daughter's dog) separated from him because Hosa plays too rough with him and has sent Ares yelping in fear.

He loves his toys!

and he howls when his momma goes to work and I need to keep an eye on him. 

Anyways, besides the new puppy I had to cut some more hexagons to work on my 1/2" hexie project. I still don't know how large it will end up being, whether it will be a lap quilt or a king sized bed quilt. I guess I will just keep plugging along on it until I get tired of working on it and what ever size it will be, will be.


Back in November, while I was waiting for the Grand Illusion Mystery quilt to start, I started Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Crossroads Quilt (It was her very first mystery she did on her blog). Nothing helps get you in the mood for working on one of Bonnie's mysteries than working on one of her patterns. I now have the center completely pieced together all that is left to do before quilting it, is to add the inner and outer borders to it or just 1 more day of working on it.    

This is one block from the Grand Illusion Mystery quilt.

Last but not least is this little project...OK, I know that this was not part of my UFOs (the other 3 are though) and in my defense, well....I was in the mood to work on something for Valentines Day

So I pulled red, cream, pink and white fabrics from my stash and started to play. I just took it off my longarm yesterday...it turned out so cute! but since it's a valentine quilt I thought that I would save the final reveal for Feb. 14. 

No comments:

Post a Comment