Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

It's hard to believe that it's the middle of February already. It's been a very busy week.

 While I was  my longarm was working on customer quilts....

I was working on long over due quilt labels for my quilts that have been in the pipe line for years.
 
  
Of course Ares was waiting patiently for me to take a break and play with him.
 
  
I ended up making 17 quilt labels. My Carolina Christmas quilt has been done and I have been using it for the past 2 Christmas...however I got lazy and wrote out a quilt label for that one using the Micron pens and well....the ink faded so much that I will be replacing it with the one above. I also need to replace the label on the Grinch Quilt as well, it too is fading over time but that label was printed off on the printer. Live and learn, there is no substitute for a good quality quilt label. 

So the last time I posted, I mentioned that I was working on something for Valentines Day.
This turned into....
 
This! 
The pattern is Hopscotch Butterscotch from Bonnie Hunter's Adventures with Leaders & Enders book. Looks pretty cool in Valentine colors and prints.

  
I quilted the "Hug Snuggles" pantograph on it, I just love the XOXOs! The great thing about this quilt is that the backing is pink flannel, so as soon as the Christmas decorations get put away each year, I will also be able to put away the flannel Grinch quilt without getting a bunch of static from the kids!

  
This is what was on my design wall for most of the week.  



I've been wanting to do this quilt for awhile, finally got it done!

I quilted the "Smitten" pantograph on this one. Turned out great and will be used as a wall quilt in the future.
 

The following quilts are my valentine quilts from years passed. This one was featured on Alex Andersen's Simply Quilts and the pattern is called "In Love With Lace"  

I also crocheted the doilies that are sewn into the blocks. 

This one hangs in my quilt studio. 



and last but not least is this little mini calender quilt, that I made last year.

1 comment: