Sunday, February 1, 2015

Grand Illusion Fall Mystery Quilt

I bet you thought that I fell off the face of the earth, LOL! But I have been very busy since I last posted, I had a re-grand opening of my business Gecko Quilts. I have been in business for over 9 years now and it was time to upgrade my longarm set up. I computerized my longarm and upgraded to a 14ft long table!!!
Yes it is SWEET!!!! So even though I haven't posted in over a month on my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt doesn't mean I haven't been working on it. In fact the nice thing about having my longarm computerized is that I am now able to sew my own quilt tops/ projects while I am working on quilting customer quilts! I have always said I wished there were more time in a day to get it all done and well 2015 is off to a good start because of the upgrade to my business. OK, so you're wondering just how far did I get done on the mystery....

It's all pieced!!! I like it, the colors remind me of spring and Easter. So now it will wait for another week until I can fit it into my longarm schedule (I am trying to quilt my own quilts on the weekends in between customer quilts that are being quilted during the week). I will update this post later with a quilted pic of the quilt and what design I end up choosing for it. But until then please go to Quiltville and see the progress that others have been making on their mystery quilts.   
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are very talented! When did you start doing quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, I started Gecko Quilts in 2005 when the twins started kindergarten. I wanted to bring in an income without having to work outside the house. Starting Gecko Quilts allowed me to have a very flexible schedule which was good since the kids were still young. How did your mission go?

    ReplyDelete