Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy New Year!

I am so looking forward to 2015.
After all it's a new year which brings new hope. I have been thinking this week (the last week of 2014), about what I want out of the new year...besides the obvious (health, love, & happiness, which I am doing pretty well in by the way). I was looking at all of the on line sales that have been going on in quilt shops all across the web and each time I would sit and fill up a cart with fabric for my stash, I just could not get myself to press the send button. HMM, I wonder why this is? Could it be that I am "all stashed out"? Reached my limit of "stash consumption"? No...that couldn't be. I love fabric, I love adding to my stash and watching it grow in size and color. But I do have quite a FEW projects in the works, better known as UFO's (unfinished objects). Sit back and take a look at how many I have waiting to be finished. **WARNING** picture heavy blog post :)

This is the current 2014 Fall/winter Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, Grand Illusion 
DONE!!!  

This is wall quilt that will be hanging in my quilt studio one day
DONE!!!

This is a 2014 block of the month quilt from the quilt doodle blog

This will be a circle denim & flannel rag quilt using Grinch flannels

 This is a flannel lap quilt 

Another Grinch lap quilt quilt (The Grinch is an all time favorite in my family and with 5 kids all fighting over the 1 and only flannel Grinch quilt that I made for their father a few years back is not pretty... so there will be 5 or 6  different Grinch quilts in my future to make everyone happy)

The Bali Wedding Star quilt. This will be a king size quilt when finished and it was bought earlier this year to mark our 25th wedding anniversary 

This has been around for a while, it was going to be a lap quilt for one of my kids teachers 

This is a child sz pinwheel quilt that will be donated to charity one day

This doesn't look like much now but when finished it will be the Cider Mill quilt from art to heart (will replace my current kitchen wall quilt) 

Stepping Stones

Moda Sunshine fabric made into the chocolat moda university pattern

Glory in scraps I started a few years back, will be a lap quilt when finished

Hocuspocusville all embroidered just needs to be pieced together   

Sunny Lanes Twin sz quilt

This one just needs the paper pieced border 

This is another embroidery quilt called winter wonderland

Been wanting to do the Omigosh quilt for a while now

Here's a embroidered gingerbread house quilt

A winter flannel quilt

Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street

Baltimore Halloween Quilt I want to try needle turned applique

This is my oldest UFO, It's a Biblical Block Sampler quilt

a tree skirt for my sweet treat Christmas tree

An  ASU quilt for my daughter's boyfriend Zach

Acorn Hollow quilt from art to heart 
FED BACK INTO STASH-

Wild and Goosey Blocks

English paper pieced 60 degree diamond stars

Random hexagon designs

Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Beauty quilt in browns and creams
(which I think I will start using as my 2015 leaders and enders project to get it moving along)

My count it mini calender quilts that I started last year then got shelved to do the memory quilts for my nieces and nephew

A Halloween 1" hexie table runner (just needs the last few black hexies sewn on) 

A Valentine apple core table runner 
CRUMB BUCKET-

 Playing around with 5/8" hexies, was making a flag table mat
CRUMB BUCKET-

2" hexies for a bungle in the jungle kid quilt

La Passion 1/2" hexie quilt using kona cotton solids

My go to evening 1/2" hexie scrap large lap quilt (may even goes as large as a king sz, not sure yet) 

Here is 1 block section, I have 15 of these done

My Dear Jane quilts, yes I am doing 2, one in blue and white and one that is done using kaffee fabrics

Shell we dance wall quilt

My Moda Pure queen quilt 
DONE!!!

My Thimbleberries Hometown Christmas  Quilt

Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush Quilt 
DONE!!!

Moda U Gingersnaps Flannel quilt 

My gecko drunkards path quilt

Spool Stack studio quilt

Summer Basket lap quilt

Maypole quilt 

Corner Flower Shop quilt

Bonnie Hunter's Floribunda quilt

Thimbleberries Pansy Park quilt

Quiltmaker Snowflakes quilt

Bunny Hill Designs 1)Rabbits Prefer Chocolate, 2)Chicks Jubilee

Buggy Barn's Going in Circles quilt

Prairie Star quilt (someday will hang in my living room)

 Art to Heart Jolly Holly Christmas tree skirt

Art to Heart Reindeer Games quilt

Art to Heart Jolly St. Nick quilt and a Gingerbread house quilt

Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Crossroads quilt
DONE!!!

So if I counted correctly this makes 61 53 UFOs I have on hand (there are under 20 various sized quilt tops that still need to be quilted, labeled and bound but I am not counting them as UFOs any longer. I plan on fitting them in around customer quilts in 2015). So with all of these UFOs waiting to be done I have decided that for the year of 2015 I will NOT buy any more fabric, I am hoping to make a huge dent in what I have listed here and what ever I finish piecing in 2015 I will quilt them in 2016 (because I am pretty certain I will have to buy some fabric for the backs of these UFOs). So for 2015 my motto will be "finish what I have started"

No comments:

Post a Comment