Friday, December 20, 2013

I've Caught the Vintage Sewing Machine Bug

Well, it's official-
I've caught the vintage sewing machine bug.
In less than 1 month I have received not 1 but 2 vintage Singer Sewing Machines. The first was an early Christmas present from my DH...
The 1947 Singer Featherweight sewing machine.

I've been having so much fun sewing on it for the past 3 weeks. So when I stumbled across another Singer machine on Craig's List, well.....
 

how could I resist this awesome November 30, 1917 Singer 66 Treadle Machine with cabinet! My Dad sends me money for Christmas (it's much easier than sending a huge box of gifts through UPS for 7 people), so it came just in time to snatch up this awesome find. The cabinet is in great shape for being 96 years old!!

See the pretty detail on the side of the cabinet? and it still has some gold paint left on some of the treadle parts.

This is a close up of the machine head...the decals are known as "Red Eye" among collectors. The decals are a little worn in some spots but considering the age of the machine I think she held up pretty good for herself. All of the chrome areas are nice and shiny...not 1 bit of rust on this little beauty! I haven't sewn on her yet because I need to replace the treadle belt, the bobbin wheel tire, & the spool spindle, which should be here in a week. But once they do, I will be getting acquainted with her :0)
Thank You Dad for this wonderful Christmas present!!!! I plan on having her around for a very long time. 
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment