Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery Update 3, &...

The week before Christmas at a Quilter's house.
This is the first & second clues (finished) of the Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.

Clue 3 cut and ready to sew.  

Clue 3, all the 1/2 sq. triangles are done and only a few of the pinwheel blocks. I don't expect this clue will get finished before the release of clue 4 on Friday.

On Monday Carolers were roaming our neighborhood, every year they come around. I really love this!!!!

The cookie baking continues this week.

I have a few I managed to stow away...but the more labor intensive ones...gingerbread boys, cut out sugar cookies, pecan tassies,  ice cream kolacky still  need to be done before the end of the week.

A couple of center pieces still needing to be assembled. 

Still need to wrap the presents.  

 Laundry needs to be finished.

And a couple of more wreaths need to be hung. 

  
At least all four trees are up, yes 4 of them! This is the main tree in the living room. 

  
This is the family tree up in the loft, where the kids place all of their ornaments that they get every year from Santa in their stockings. However only some of the ornaments made it on the tree this year because my 3 older kids were busy with their jobs that they didn't have time to put on all of theirs.

  
This is my oldest daughter's (who's 22) tree in the turret outside of her room. She LOVES Disney and wanted a Disney tree to showcase her special ornaments...don't you just love the wizard hat for the tree topper? I told her she needs to get the mickey mouse gloves and have them come out of the middle of the tree.  
 
And the 4th tree is in our family room and is decorated with gingerbread ornaments, peppermint sticks, various other sweet confections and wrapped with a gum drop garland! This room and the kitchen is a work in progress. I want to add to this theme each year. I would love to get 2 (4ft) Nutcrackers one day to add to my decor. But of course that will have to be some time in the future. 
Now I need to get back to my never ending lists...then off to my daughter Olivia's Christmas concert tonight!
To view the progress of other Celtic Solstice Mystery quilts go HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's different way to celebrate christmas with new ideas. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.


    SyncVisas

    ReplyDelete