Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again!

This past week Bonnie Hunter released her intro for her 2013 mystery quilt, the first clue will be released on Nov. 29, 2013 (the Friday after Thanksgiving). You can find the intro on her blog here

My Carolina Christmas quilt that I did was also a Bonnie Hunter mystery several years ago. This time I will be participating along with all of the other quilters that will play along. 
 
 I pulled most of the fabric from my stash, then I went to Lowes to pick up the paint chips Bonnie suggested for the colorway she used. I would say I did pretty good picking the colors, what ya think? 

Here's the top view of the stacks of fat quarters.
 The name of the mystery quilt is "Celtic Solstice" she was inspired by her trip to Ireland this past summer.
Which is why I chose some shamrock fabrics as well as footballs on a green background fabric because the Irish theme of the quilt reminds me of Notre Dame (which one of my Uncles and cousin love by the way). For the first time ever she will be giving the directions/clues for 2 different sizes of quilts...a 75"X75" quilt and also for a 111"x111" king size version. Guess which one I'm doing? If you guessed the king one you would be correct :0). 

So what do you say? Would you like to play along too? It's 100% free & you can choose ANY colors that you want to, if you don't care for this color way that she did. Should be lots of fun...every Friday a new clue/instructions will be released on her blog for a different part of the quilt blocks that make up the quilt. She says it will take 6-8 weeks for all of the clues and for the final reveal. I'm ready, how about you? 

And to tempt you even more if you do follow along and make the "Celtic Solstice" mystery quilt (either size) if you bring me the quilt to quilt it for you before the end of 2014  I will give you a 20% discount off the quilting! Let the fun begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment