Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Hexie Project Times Two

My kids have been on summer break since May 23, 2013. Almost a month now (wow that time is flying by). My 3 oldest kids are keeping busy with their friends and jobs. But my 13 year old twins were starting to get bored...you know how it is, even though there is lots for them to do like; play outside, go swimming, hang with friends, etc... they still walk around saying  "I'm bored, what can I do?" Then you suggest stuff (such as mentioned above) and they are like; "no, not that". So after several times going back and forth I suggested that they learn how to English paper Piece (EPP) :0) They each selected some fabrics from my stash that they liked and I made up "kits" for them so that they can each make their own 26" sq. pillow.
 
Here's Olivia working on her hexies at my desk (with tongue sticking out as she baste around the hexies). 

And here is Sara up in her room (also with her tongue sticking out as she baste around her hexies). Yup they look totally different with the hair and eyes and such but when they are concentrating on something they are doing both of their tongues stick out...lol
 
So far Olivia has all of her hexies basted and Sara is about 1/3 of the way done with hers. I will post more pics of them and their projects as time goes on. hopefully this will keep them busy the rest of the summer. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment