Thursday, June 20, 2013

4th of July is Just Around the Corner-

so why not make a 4th of July quilt!
I have been wanting to make "Glory in Scraps" from the Quilter's Cache for a few years now but didn't like the "star" fabric that was available so I kept putting it off. That is until now...yup, I finally found the perfect star fabric for this quilt... "Northcott's Stonehenge Stars and Stripes" 
 
Once I had the star fabric it was time to go digging through my stash for the reds and cream/off white fabrics for the 1/2 sq. triangles  

Let the cutting begin! I plan on making a lap size quilt just like the one at Quilter's Cache. I will need 20 (12 1/2") blocks so I can place it in a 4 X 5 layout.....which means I am going to need 200 (3 1/2") red and white 1/2 sq. triangle blocks, & 60 off white triangles. It was time to bring out my easy angle ruler to tackle this one. 
I stitched my 1/2 sq. triangle blocks together and played with placement a bit before I started sewing my rows together.

Time to add the star fabric...

And here is a finished block; only 19 more to go and a pieced border. I will post a pic of the quilt top when I get that finished and then another after I quilt it....hopefully all will be done by the 4th of July! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment