Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Well Christmas is finally here, I was able to take this past month off from Gecko Quilts (which is one of the perks of owning your own business ;0) ). I have been enjoying my time with my DH and our kids getting the house ready for this weekend. It is bittersweet...all month long you prepare, anticipate, dream and then the time is finally here and well it will soon be over :0(
I am already thinking that this week all of the decorations will be taken down, packed away until next year...it's a little sad, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I have wonderful memories of childhood Christmas' of past with my Grandma J (as host) then my Aunt Nancy taking over the reigns...my Polish roots are my traditions I hold dear to my heart this time of year. Especially since it has been 14 Christmas' since I was last with all of my side of the family on Christmas Eve (thats what happens when you move to the other side of the country...near the husband's family and we are the only one that hosts all of the holidays). I am here in AZ but my heart is back in the midwest this weekend...wishing for a white christmas. When I was little (before I had to drive in it) I always wished for snow on Christmas Eve, it was like the cherry on top of a perfect day.

So I am wishing all of you a blessed Merry Christmas that is filled with all the warmth and love that this time of year brings. May your memories of past Christmas' only be over shadowed by even more special ones yet to come.
I will be back to work on Jan. 9th 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment