Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Well I am no longer sick been well all week and 4 of the 5 kids are back in school, my oldest Vicki goes back to college at the end of the month.
The monsoon season is in full force meaning lots of humidity with 100 degree temps :0( I hate this part of the year, I am so ready for the cooler temps.

Ok so since I didn't post any pics the last time, I will now...

This is the completed first month of my Dear Jane Blue

And this is the completed first month of the Dear Jane Kaffe Fassett, I am liking how they are comming out but since it has been so hot I haven't really felt like doing much sewing on these, even though I am doing mostly paper piecing and machine applique instead of needle turn applique they are very time consumming. At this rate I may have these two quilts piced by the time I am 50 (I will be 45 in Nov).
I did however make some head way on this UFO, it is my Desert Nine Patch Quilt, I am making a king size one for my bed. This one will probably be done long before the Dear Jane quilts, lol it is so simple...just nine patch blocks on point alternating with solid blocks..thats it, easy peasy ;0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment