Friday, July 15, 2011

Dear Jane Quilts

A few months ago I joined a "Dear Jane" Blue BOM (block of the month). I have received 2 months so far and should be receiving the 3rd in less than 2 weeks. However I am still trying to get the 1st month done...

This is what I got done of the DJ Blue BOM so far, 8 blocks. The first month was for 8 blocks plus 2 triangles. I haven't had time to do the triangles yet because I am also doing this quilt in Kaffe Fassett fabrics. 

As you can see I am just a little bit farther along on this one..got 1 of the triangle blocks done. Each month I will receive enough fabric for 8 blocks and 2 triangles for a total of 24 months of the DJ Blue BOM quilt. it's not looking too good if only after the first month I am already behind :0( I have no excuses, it's summer and business has slowed down a bit, however distractions are at their all time high with the kids home from school on summer vacation, my MIL living with us now and lets not forget the heat we have here in AZ. Some days the heat just drains you so much that the last thing you want to do is bury yourself under alot of fabric.

Also we just switched our electricity plan over to a better plan that allows us to receive low rates for 21 hours of the day but for 3 hours of the afternoon (3-6PM) we need to power down our usage to only 10%, this cuts into my sewing time :0( I am a night owl, like to sleep in and I schedule my customer appointments before noon so I have just enough time to eat lunch and load a quilt on my machine before I have to power everything off. After 6PM It's time for making dinner then quilting customer quilts before I turn in for the night. Weekends lately are being consumed with cleaning the house, laundry and spending time with family. I didn't really notice before that those 3 hours a day was when I was able to sew for me....need to try to find a better schedule of my time so I can do it all. Kids go back to school in 3 1/2 weeks, hope that will help ;0) 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that you got the double whammy. A bladder/kidney infection makes one feel bad enough with chills, aches and fever. To have the flu on top of it just "ain't right" Drink lots of tea and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete