Tuesday, April 19, 2011

High Desert Mystery Quilt is Now A Flimsy!

I am finally done piecing my High Desert Mystery Quilt that Kristina hosted last fall. I would have gotten it finished earlier but the move got in the way and I wanted to add a pieced border to make it a 90" sq quilt.
This is what it looked like after the mystery right before we moved....

And this is what it looks like now with the pieced border. I really like how it turned out and I am glad that I waited until I had time to do it this way and not just add a plain border to it, like I do with most of my quilts these days. Yes I am keeping this one :0) Thanks again Kristina for hosting this mystery it was alot of fun.
Now I just need to find the time to quilt it....
My own quilts "to be quilted" pile is getting larger, I now have 7 in that pile and it will soon be 8 because I am also working on the "Sister's Choice Block Swap" quilt that Shannon hosted a while back. I just finished making 4 extra blocks for it so I will have a 90" sq quilt when I am done. Just need to add the sashing & star cornerstones and a border, but am waiting on some fabric that I ordered to be delivered to finish that one up.    


No comments:

Post a Comment