I know that we only just started the month of February but I have finished my February UFO project! Well at least to the done/flimsy stage which is my goal for 2011. Here is the pics of the progress....
The name of the pattern is called Tesselated Stars fron the Strip Therapy 4 book.
I used the Cotton Candy Bali Pop and added a few more like color strips so I could make the quilt 82" sq but other than that I used the exact same fabrics as was used in the book.
I needed to cut my accent fabric into 2 1/2" strips...so I used my Accuquilt Go, I just love this tool. Best investment I made for cutting fabric.
This is all of the bali pop cut into the size/shapes needed for the quilt.
And here is the accent fabric after it was cut.
The block, it's 6 1/2" unfinished.
4 blocks placed together creats a star pattern.
I had to make 121 blocks. For a setting of 11 X 11.
And after 2 borders the quilt is now a flimsy!! This will be hanging in my quilt studio once I get around to quilting and binding it.
Stay tuned to see what else I make in February, since I still have
3 more weeks left of the month and no other UFO projects scheduled for it.