Friday, February 18, 2011

Ahead of Schedule Part 1

Since I finished my Feb. UFO early in the month I decided to squeeze in another project, one that I have wanted to do for a while but never could decided what fabrics to use for it, so it kept getting put off...
 until now that is. 
This is the quilt, it's called Bali Sea Star. I decided to do this quilt in various shades of pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. I know several women who have survived this horrible disease and I have always wanted to do a quilt that honors them. So when I found myself with some extra time on my hands I decided that now was the time to do this quilt.

Here are the fabrics.
These are the rectangles that will make up the pieced piano key border.

And this is a pic of my $5.00 design wall from Walmart, with my blocks on it.
And here is the flimsy with the borders, all there's left to do is to quilt & bind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment