Wednesday, May 19, 2010

French Braid Quilt

This is a french braid quilt I am doing for my master
bedroom that just got a new coat of paint. The pattern is from "French Braid Quilts" by Jane Hardy Miller and the one I am doing is called "Big Red". The fabrics I am using are from 2 of the Marcus Brother's collections, "Metro Blue" and "Metro Blue Remix" I fell in love with the metro blue fabrics a few years back when it first came ou but didn't buy enough of it to do anything I wanted to do with it. So when the remix came out last year I knew exactly what I wanted to do and so bought the additional fabrics I needed to do the braid quilt I wanted. However I am only using the quilt pattern in the book for the center of my quilt because I have a king size bed and I need it to be bigger tan what the actual pattern allows for and I didn't want to do all of the math to make the center of the quilt bigge to fit my needs. So there will be added boarders, some pieced some not, you will have to stay tuned to see what I come up with. But it won't be too long of a wait since I want to have the piecing finished by the end of May when my Liberty is due back and when my mini vacation will be over.         

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors of this top...and the pattern. This is going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete