Monday, February 8, 2010

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

Do you ever have days where you feel like no matter what you do, you just seem to get nowhere? Welcome to my life.

Business wise, I have nothing to complain about. I am as busy as I want to be. I even have been able to get my weekends off lately. I have finally gotten a schedule/ routine that works for me. During the week I get up, take the youngest to school then come home and workout, then get ready for my customer appointments (quilt drop offs and pick ups) then quilt late afternoon and evening with taking a dinner break in between. Works great. 

It's when I get to the weekend part that seems to go by so quickly, and there is so much that needs to get done but only so much time to do it. This is where I feel like I am spinning my wheels. For instance this past weekend I wanted to get some cleaning, laundry, sewing etc...done but when the weekend ended what was ther to show for it? Fewer dust bunnies, some orginazation, what I thought was all caught up with the laundry (only to wake up this morning to new mountains of dirty clothes) and progress on the rainbow log cabin quilt. Shown here....
The center is now complete and all that is left to do is the borders!
Honestly I wake up on Monday mornings more tired than I do the rest of the week, what's up with that?

On the diet and exercise front, everything is going as expected the scale is contiuing going down and I am sticking to the exercise each day. I discovered "Coke Zero" it is a diet no calorie pop that actually tastes pretty good, I never did like diet pop in the past but this stuff isn't that bad, go figure.

When I was hunting dust bunnies this weekend I also did some straightening up of my fabric stash. I realized that I have a lot of projects that need to get finished and that I need to do some scrap quilts to get rid of some of my stash, to make room for some newer stuff that is more to my likes these days. So after the above quilt is done then I am moving on to other projects that need to be finished before I will start any newer/ commision projects. I also need to start saying "no" more often when people ask me to do things for them in the future....like my MIL (but that is another topic ;0) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment