Thursday, January 21, 2010

Projects

My work week is almost over!, I only have a few pick up appointments scheduled for Friday then I am off until Monday :0) This will be the first weekend that I am able to take off this year. And I am going to sew!



I am going to start a new project, it's a full size "Rainbow Log Cabin" Quilt that I am making for Hailey (a special 5 year old daughter of our friends). Here's a pic of what it looks like so far... Yes I have to cut most of that fabric into 2 1/2" strips and the dot fabric on top of the stack is going to be the outer border.

I will begin cutting strips on Friday and start piecing some blocks on Saturday...I can't wait!


Remember the Gramother's Flower Garden Quilt I posted about? Well this is my progress so far...
 And this is a side view of the stack of flower blocks. I have been working on these every morning before I take the twins to school and in the evening after I am done quilting for the day. The yellow flowers (all 14 of them) are now done. Next I will finish off the pink flowers. Suprisingly these are going pretty quick. I want to complete all of the full flower blocks then the partial flower blocks. Then I will start working on the background hexagons (the white ones) and the pathways (thinking of making these beige/taupe).

No comments:

Post a Comment