Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sew many projects, sew little time...

I have to admit I sure love my me time. Friday afternoon after my last customer for the week picked up her quilt I started cutting my fabric strips for Hailey's Rainbow Log Cabin quilt. It is made with 2 1/2" strips and the blocks are 14" square (finished), 6 color combinations (5 blocks of each combo) for a total of 30 blocks. By Sunday night I will have half of the blocks pieced (will post pics then of my progress). This is comming together alot quicker than I originally thought. I should have all of the blocks done next weekend and in 2 weeks will have the quilt top put together and ready to be quilted. I will let Jess pick out the panto that she likes. 


I have been thinking about other projects that I want to work on this year as well...here is a list.
1) finish the Christmas stockings in time for Christmas 2010 
2) quilt the tree skirt that matches the above stackings (I am a bit rusty at custom, haven't done it in a couple of years and I want to do some McTavishing and some feathers on it so I think this summer I will just go for it!)
3) piece a Judy Niemeyer "Desert Sky" quilt (I have the pattern and the fat quarters already)
4) continue to work on my "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt
5) "Spring Loaded" quilt, it's a small kids quilt (48" sq) that I intend to use as a wall hanging. The pattern was in a magazine and it uses the Lake House "Day Z" fabric, very bright, bold and fun!
6) I also want to do another king size quilt for my own bed. Can you believe I only have 1 quilt for my bed? It's a Thimbleberries "A Quilter's Garden" and I am getting bored with it so time for a change...I am thinking batiks, or I could just finish the Moda Chocolate Sunshine quilt I started last fall. It's a moda university pattern called Chocolat that I enlarged to fit a king size bed and substituted moda "Sunshine" fabrics instead of using the chocolat fabric that it was intended for. 


I also recently purchased a "mini bow tucks" purse pattern that I am itching to do. Already bought the fabrics for it (using the metro neutrals) but still need to purchase the fusible fleece and the matt board. 


Oh and I also want to make a sewing machine cover and a serger cover for my machines (also have the fabrics for these, purchased some time ago just never got around to them) :0(


    

No comments:

Post a Comment