Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Isn't it amazing how 24 hours can make a bad year into a more optamistic one? 2009, well lets just say was not one of my favorites, here's a recap...
Jan.
Got bad news about my grandmother, her cancer spread and was only given 3-6 months to live. I was having a lot of pelvic pain and I had a mysterious numbing on one side of my face (thought it might be a stroke) but thank God it wasn't.
Feb.
Went to see my gyne doc and found out I had to have a hysterectomy...did lots of lab testing.
Mar.
Had the surgery (never had surgery before, was scared to death) but all turned out fine.
April
in recovery/healing
May
still recovering and the Twins made their First Communion and Confirmation
June
Summer begins
July
Summer continues, Vicki gets her first job.
Aug.
Chris is told he has to take a mandatory 10% pay cut, air conditioner 1 breaks down, Vicki starts college, rest of kids start school, was told an aunt was loosing her battle with colon cancer, and 2 tires need to be replaced.
Sept.
Struggling to pay bills because of pay cut, my dad comes to the rescue, and made some financial changes to survive said pay cut.
Oct.
2nd air conditioner breaks down, a great uncle dies of pancreatic cancer, my aunt dies from her colon cancer and my grandmother dies from her cancers, very hard month.
Nov.
Had to help front $ to Vicki for college due to one of her student loans she was approved for never made it in her college account. Lost 6 lbs, hosted Thanksgiving last minute.
Dec.
Watching every penny, hosted Christmas Eve, found out DSIL left husband and is in custody battle for the kids.


So you see a bad year :0( however the new year brings hope :0)
Starting with Chris' pay going back to normal in Jan., the phone ringing off the hook with appointments for the first week of Jan. for quilts. (2010 is Gecko Quilts 5 yr anniversary so started a new special to celebrate). 


I don't know what 2010 will bring but Jan. 1 always brings hope, and right now hope is pretty good :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment