Thursday, November 5, 2009

Changes

Today is my birthday!
So of course like most people I didn't want to work on my birthday, which is why I wanted to get all my quilting jobs done by last night, which I did. So the only thing I had going for today was to do 1 customer drop off appointment. After that was over my day was pretty much wide open :0) 


My husband has been off work all week so I put him to work making changes to my website and I have been tweaking my new blog. Since Gecko Quilts will be 5 years old in just a few months (2010) I decided some updating is long over do. Of course the over all look to the website will still be the same but we are adding some new things to the site that I think will make it more fun. For instance a little change will be adding the new "customer quilts" pages for 2010, and while doing this we decided that we are going to condence the older years to 1 link (2005-2009) then when you click on that it will break out the individual years just like they are now. And the new year 2010 will be left as is, click on it and it will take you to the 2010 pages of quilts. Another little change was we centered the home page of the site better...it was driving me crazy for awhile.


For the big changes we are adding this blog. This will give an open journal of how one woman, wife, mother of 5 juggles life, family, and a home business. It will be amusing, chaotic at times, and definately interesting as I blog my random thoughts and personal projects with pictures and text.


Another big change is that we are adding a forum to the website...for now it won't be used for networking with each other but a place for me to share my personal recipes. Over the years I have given several customers copies of my recipes when the topic came in conversation during pick ups or drop offs. I love to cook and have a lot of great recipes that I would like to share.


I am also going to have my personal quilts on their own page so people can see what I myself am doing quilt wise.   

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the blog. I like your layout and the colors. I'll book mark you so I can come back and see what you are up to.
    I just started my website and blog, too. I think blogging is very theraputic. Thanks for posting your link on the APQS forum.
    If you want to check out my site, I'd love to have your feedback. I'm at www.thequiltexpressbyanna.com
    Have a great weekend,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, thanks! I just posted on your blog. Your website is awesome I love the color, great pics too.
    This blogging thing can end up being my new addiction :0)

    ReplyDelete