Monday, June 1, 2015

Play Time

I"m having fun playing with fabric! I have several projects that I am currently jumping around on lately.

This is what my design wall currently looks like. Top left are my wild and goosey blocks. Middle left is my Orca Bay blocks, bottom left is a UFO called Glory in Scraps (need to make another 11 blocks then add some borders). Top right is My Smith Mtn. Morning quilt blocks, & bottom right is a granny square block.

  
Yellow-orange string blocks 

and purple string blocks

They will be put together with these Ohio star blocks. The quilt pattern is called Orca Bay and is in Bonnie K. Hunter's String Fling book. I decided I wanted my quilt to be more like a sunset when finished so I pulled lots of yellow, oranges, pinks, purples etc...in my string blocks. I can't wait to see how this one will come out.

I love doing string blocks!


This quilt pattern is called Smith Mtn. Morning and is in Bonnie K Hunter's Scraps & Shirttails 2 book. I am making this king sized for one of my "Besties" who currently lives in Texas.

This is one of 16 granny square blocks I am doing for a baby quilt. The pattern is called granny squares by Lissa Alexander and was in the October 2010 American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine but you can purchase the pattern HERE
I have been wanting to make this pattern for some time now. It uses 1 1/2" strips instead of 2 1/2" strips like the other granny square patterns that I have seen.  

  
I want to finish this UFO by 4th of July, this year ;0)

and last but not least is my leader/ ender project which will end up being another Bonnie K Hunter patterns called Blue Ridge Beauty and can be found in her book Leaders and Enders (the first book). I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment