Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Working On My UFO's

After my last post where I fessed up about my UFO's I got busy on trying to reduced the number of them. I am happy to say that I am making progress on them. Here are a few pics of what I have been up to....

This is my nephew Tommy's  memory quilt from his father's clothing.

This is my niece Kristin's memory quilt from her father's clothing.

& this is my other niece Jessie's memory quilt in progress from her father's clothing.

This is a preview of my leaders & enders split 9 patch blocks being sewn into a quilt top (will post the full pic of it when I get it quilted).

This is my Celtic Solstice Jr. quilt which I am also happy to report is now finished and is waiting to be quilted.

My hand pieced Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that is FINALLY done (only took 5 years) and is also waiting to be quilted.

And finally yes, my Hocuspocusville Quilt is now being worked on as well. I am 1/2 way done stitching block 8 and I have traced the remaining patterns on the fabric for blocks 9,10,11,12.      

 Remember this one? I finished piecing this quilt back in 2011 but it sat, and sat waiting to be quilted...well today I quilted it!!!
  
 I quilted a panto called Spring Garland on it. Now it will wait until cooler weather so I can bind it.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come here at Gecko Quilts, a lot more UFO finishes and reducing the spreadsheet number of UFOs...I think my word for 2015 will be UFO :0)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment