Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!!
2014

 This year I want to start each month with a new mini calendar quilt, for my mini quilt stand. I have had this stand for a few years and haven't really done much with it. I want to change that this year.The mini quilt patterns will come from the book "Count On It" by Art To Heart. Above is January's quilt (the eyes and mouth are suppose to be buttons and well, I forgot to order the button packet for the book, so they will be added later). 
 
and much to my surprise, this morning I woke up to the Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt Reveal!
I started back to work today, needed to quilt a customer quilt so it could be picked up on Friday. But once it was done I was able to put together 4 blocks of Block A and 5 blocks of Block B. Watch ya think? Pretty colorful, huh? ;0)
When I started this mystery back on Black Friday, I had someone in mind for this quilt. It is going to be a quilt for friends of ours Ralph & Jess. Jess has been wanting me to make her a quilt for awhile now. When she asked me to do one for her she told me to do whatever I wanted as long as it was colorful. I think this quilt will put a smile on her face. I made enough units to make the king size quilt but after talking to Jess today (I asked her what size bed she had, a queen or a king) she answered queen. So I am laying out the blocks in a 9 X 9 setting instead of the 11 X 11 that Bonnie used for her King size. But I plan on using the same borders that she used and the quilt for Ralph & Jess should end up being 96" square when finished. I need to figure out what to do with the remaining 40 blocks that will be left over...do I do pillow shams?, or a table runner?, or a bed runner? hmm need to think on this a bit. I am hoping to have this quilt pieced, quilted & bound and given to them before the end of February.     
Since I originally wrote this post I am now 2/3 through in webbing the quilt center. Will update this post later with the finished pics of the Queen Size Celtic Solstice Quilt. But until then go here to see what others have done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment