Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sister's Choice Swap

Is now a Flimsy!  So here's the recap...
Shannon from Pieceful Kwilter hosted this siggy swap back in 2010.
It looked like it would be alot of fun so I joined in. We had to do 12 Sisters Choice Blocks using bright batiks and kona black, then sign the blocks and ship them to Shannon. This was the fabric I chose. 

This was what my block looked like.

These are the blocks that I got back.

But I wanted a larger quilt, so I made 4 more blocks to add to the 12 Shannon sent me back.

After all the blocks were done I needed to decide on a border fabric, I wanted to also use it for the star corner stones (that was shown in the layout option Shannon shared with us). So I decided on this fabric.

And here is the quilt top (flimsy).

I love this quilt and had alot of fun doing this swap, Thanks Shannon you are an awesome swap hostess!
Now I just need to get it quilted and bound....to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. your very welcome!

    your top is stunning...love the outer border fabric- perfect!

    ReplyDelete