Monday, January 10, 2011

New House in Need of New Quilts

 We have been in our new house for a couple of months now and I am tired of looking at all of the empty walls! 





Notice all of the empty quilt rods/holders? They are just glaring at me day in and day out to put something on them...well I would if I had something to put on them. The thing is all of my old quilts from the other house are too small, that's right too small. In the new house we have larger walls with higher ceilings. I used to make my large wall quilts 60" sq but now I need to make them 75"-80" sq just to fill the space With the exception of 3 smaller areas and the quilts that I do have won't go with the decor in the room. 
So I need to make ALOT of new quilts this year. I have several ideas of what I want to do but some are very time consuming and since this is my busy season those ideas will havce to be put on the back burner until there is more time for them. I do have a few other ideas though that quicker projects and when I say quicker I mean over the course of several weeks, worked in after my customer quilts are done for the week.

Here is a pic of one in progress now...

    
   It is a quilt pattern from one of those Strip Therapy books for the Bali Pops,
You'll have to stay tuned to find out which one and what it will look like when finished. 

Then I made this top right before we moved (still needs to be quilted), was going to hang it in my office, but since then I have found another quilt (which needs to be pieced) that is more fitting for my business...here's a hint, it has geckos on it! 

Don't know what I will end up doing with this one now, it may end up as a charity quilt or a gift for someone.  

Anyways, it's a brand new year and I am going to be very busy making new quilts!, Yea :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment