Friday, October 5, 2018

What's Up?

It's been over a year since I last posted...would rather sew than post in my spare time. But here is what I have been up to...

Sew Sampler Box Barn Quilt in progress. Started receiving FQS Sew Sampler Box this year and I am loving getting the surprise every month in the mail.

Swoon 16 king size quilt in progress using Lori Holt's Autumn Love fabric. My fall quilt for my bed (Thimbleberries Quilted Garden) is showing a lot of wear and tear lately so I need to replace it and I liking the swoon quilt.

I am doing 36 of the swoon 16 blocks and it will look something like this.

Here's a close up of a swoon block. Each block will feature a different autumn love print.

Lori Holt's Bloom quilt.

New studio pics....
I had my DH make me a peg board wall...love!!!

added 2 $30 white Walmart bookcases.

Packed with lots of cool stuff.

See the pink rug? Love this new addition!


I also finally got around to making my Quilt Diva quilt (it still needs quilting and buttons).

I put back up my Quilted design wall...

Goes so nicely with my area rug ;)




This Lori Holt min quilt also needs to be quilted...

Zipper Bags to hold Lori Holt's Sew Simple Shapes...

So my son moved back home a few months ago so he could save money and go back to school, which is a good thing and he's getting straight A's. But with this change DH gave up his office which was actually a downstairs bedroom. I gave up my office/sewing room space to him and took over the dining room space as my new sewing room (My longarm is still in the one car garage quilt studio).
I like my new space a lot...see above pics :) 

I also have been on a huge Lori Holt binge lately...so far I have made several of her sew along quilts. I have done Bloom, Cozy Christmas and I have the fabrics to make Sweetie Pie, Be Happy, Let's Bake and I am currently following along with her Autumn Love sew along and I pre-ordered Farm Sweet Farm. I am also patiently waiting for Lori's Vintage Christmas Book to be shipped and will be buying more Cozy Christmas fabrics over the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment