Monday, December 2, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue 1

Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery started on Friday with clue 1 being released!!!
I was the first one up Friday, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning ;0)
I was ready to get this started, even with a full box of chocolates that was given to us on Thanksgiving by friends that shared the day with us.

It took me nearly the whole day on Friday to cut out all of the pieces needed for the larger quilt. I chose the tri-recs ruler method, and even though it was the first time I used these rulers, I got the hang of them pretty fast. 

But the reason it took most of the day was because this little beauty got delivered;  A 1947 Singer Featherweight sewing machine with the art deco face plate! It is a Christmas present from my DH!

See how pretty she stitches! They are better than my Bernina 730! After Christmas I am planning on having her custom painted a candy apple red metallic with new decals added, for a girl of 66 years of age she deserves a bit of a spa treatment...don't ya think?

Even though I kept getting distracted this weekend, I still was able to get a lot done. about 2/3rds of the triangle in the square units. I plan on getting the rest of these done before the next clue is released on Friday 12/6/2013. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment