Monday, January 30, 2012

Quilters Have A Giving Heart

Quilters are indeed the best!
I am always grateful for the generous women/friends that I know and quilt for. It never fails whenever I least expect it one of them does something so sweet...here are a few photos to share.

A couple of months ago, Carol brought me a stack of batik 5" squares, a rotary blade and mini sq ruler. The batik squares were the same fabrics that were in a quilt I quilted for her earlier in the year. The colors remind me of a desert sunset :0) Thanks again Carol, I am going to use them in a hexagon wall quilt I am designing.

Then last week Rita suprised me with a Dunkin Donuts gift card!
This was one gift my whole family got to enjoy this past Sunday after church. Thank You Rita, the donuts were delicious! :0)
  
Then today Bobbi dropped off another large container of scraps! I say another because not long ago she gave me some. Sifting through the scraps was like finding buried treasure...spent a couple of hours tonight sorting them by color and size (the Bonnie Hunter way ;0) ). They are now tucked away with the rest of my scraps waiting for me to find some time to reorganize my stash so it is more user friendly for scrap quilts...I already have my 2" strips in plastic drawers by color, just need to get some more for the 2 1/2" strips and for the "strings". Still haven't  figured out what to do about 2 1/2" sqs. Hope to have this all worked out by summer. Thank You Bobbi!

There's an old saying "a way to a man's heart is through his stomache" well the way to my heart is through sweets and fabric scraps!
Quilter's are truely the best! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment