Friday, September 24, 2010

39 Days & Counting!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, it has been 3 weeks since I last posted pics of the new house in progress. Alot has been done and I will be posting pics this weekend after I take them. In the mean time I can tell you what has been done. The exterior has been painted, the interior has been tapped, textured and painted in a flat white paint (as soon as we close, get the keys our painter will be painting the interior the colors we want in a more durable finish before we move in). All the doors inside and out have been hung. Baseboards have been added, and the railing is being installed. 

When we were there yesterday we noticed that all of the cabinets have been delivered and will be installed over the next few days. Then the tile will be installed next week. Followed by carpet, light fixtures, granite counter tops, blinds, front yard landscaping and appliences. All to be completed within the next 30-35 days so we can have our final walk through 3-4 days prior to our closing. 

Hmmm, I think I need to get some boxes so I can start the packing process soon :0) We are planning on moving some of the stuff ourselves then hiring a professional mover to move the bigger stuff like furniture, washer/dryer, upright freezer patio furniture etc...I wonder if I could convince the movers to accept longarm quilting services instead of money for moving us?, LOL!  My DH (who fixes computers on the side) was offered frozen chicken for his computer services. And once I was asked if I would accept maid service instead of payment for quilting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment